Advanced sensing solutions for a variety of difficult
industrial and government applications.
Polestar is a recognized leader in optical sensing technologies since 1993. We provide a full suite of monitoring and sensor products, chemical process technology consulting, explosive detection, and nanotechnologies.
Our expertise lies in the ability to develop new sensing technologies for a variety of difficult industrial and government applications. Some of Polestar’s accomplishments include the following:
- Oxygen (O2), pH, and carbon dioxide (CO2) sensors for use in both conventional and disposable bioreactors
- Oxygen sensors capable of monitoring oxygen levels in fuel tanks in military aircraft for the U.S. Air Force
- Carbon dioxide sensors for Navy SEALs
- Remote detection and identification of explosives carried by a human
- Detection and identification of chemical and biological agents enclosed in envelopes and packages
- Sensors for monitoring ethylene for the transportation and storage for fruits and vegetables
- A sonde to measure oxygen in fresh and salt water for the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA)
Polestar’s research and development breakthroughs in optical monitoring and sensing technologies have resulted in a family of innovative products that monitor critical conditions in labs, bioprocess vessels, food & beverage packaging, and contaminated environmental sites, and provide fast, non-invasive analysis for medical applications.